Silicone Breast Forms are designed to stand up to the normal everyday demands placed upon them. If cared for properly and correctly, your breast forms should last you many years. However, take care not to puncture your breast forms with sharp objects such as pins, pet claws, etc; repair is not possible. The use of talcum powder, lotions, oils, and perfumes should not be used on or around breast forms and should be avoided.
You should wash it daily and stored in the box or cradle provided to ensure it remains in good condition as this will protect and maintain shape.
Many women/men find that wearing a prosthesis/silicone breast forms is a comfortable and natural looking way to restore symmetry following a mastectomy or surgery or to just enhance what they already have. With proper care and maintenance, a prosthesis will last for many years.
Care and Q & A'S For Silicone Breast Forms Prosthesis
How to Insert Breast Forms into a Mastectomy/Pocketed Bra
- Hold the form by the edges with a flat hand so that the nipple is facing down
- Spread the bra out on a flat surface with the inside of the bra facing you
- Spread the elastic on the cup and slide the form in so that the nipple faces outward
- Adjust the form so it settles into the bottom of the cup
- Hold the bra up with the form inside the pocket to make sure it looks correct
- Be careful not to puncture the form or fold it. ENVY BODY SHOP silicone forms are very durable, but the polyurethane skin can be punctured, and repeated abuse can alter the shape over time
How to Remove Forms Silicone Breast Forms from a Mastectomy/Pocketed Bra
- Carefully slide your hand all the way into the pocket in front of the form
- Stretch the pocket edge and pull the form out without folding the form
Try not to grab the side of the form with your thumb and forefinger to pull it out. The forms breast forms are durable, but can be punctured.
How to Wear Silicone Breast Forms in Warmer Weather
Wearing the silicone breast forms inside the pocket bra keeps the prosthesis off the skin. This creates more ventilation to evaporate perspiration. Some women claim that a lighter weight prosthesis feels cooler. It is very important to wear a bra that supports the breasts and prosthesis and keeps them from resting on the abdomen, as constant moisture in this area can create skin irritation.
How to Use Double-Sided Tape for Silicone Breast FormsENVY BODY SHOP Reusable Adhesive Breast pads or Envy Body Shop Exclusive Silicone Adhesive Breast Pads for No bra needed Breast Form
- Peel the paper backing from one side of the tape and attach it to the form
- Peel the paper backing from the other side of the tape
- Hold the breast form over your chest and use a mirror to align it correctly
- Press it firmly against your chest
- When you are done wearing the form, gently peel it away from the chest
- The double-sided tape should not leave any residue on your skin or on the form. If you are having trouble peeling the tape from your skin or off of the form, use a little baby oil to help release the stickiness
- Breast forms are always meant to be worn inside a bra. The tape is only meant to help keep them securely in place
- Wash forms with mild soap and water after using tape
- Do not add tape on top of tape that is already on the form
Cleaning Breast Forms and Attachable Nipples
- You can wash your silicone breast forms and silicone attachable nipples with mild soap and water
- Any soap that is safe for your skin is safe for the breast forms' polyurethane skin
- Do not use solvents like alcohol or kitchen cleaning products
- The silicone forms are totally water proof
- Then towel dry and store in the cradle that comes with the box
- If the form has a permanent cloth cover, wash as above. Do not bleach. Cover will dry overnight
- Foam forms can be washed in the same way; hand wash with mild soap and water. Pat dry with a towel. Air dry
- Always wash your forms after swimming
- Make sure to rinse well enough to remove all soap or cosmetic residue as these may cause irritation
How to Clean Your ENVY BODY SHOP Lingerie
- It is always best to hand wash and air dry lingerie and fabric covers so the garments retain their shape, elasticity, and the lace details are not damaged
- Hand wash with laundry detergent, rinse, and hang or lay flat to air dry
- Make sure to take out the silicone breast forms before you wash your bras and fabric covers
- Wash padded panties and pads separately
- Wash the same as lingerie items. To avoid shrinkage, air dry only
How to Store your Silicone Breast Forms
The best way to store your silicone breast forms is back in the box or cradle it came in.
I had a Lumpectomy, Breast Conserving Surgery or Reconstruction. Is Silicone Breast Forms Right for Me?
The ENVY BODY SHOP breast enhancers may be the item for you, made of the same high quality silicone, shaped like breasts, in plain nipple or brown nipple. Also available are plain round pads, which can go over a breast area that just needs a little more fullness in front or on the side to provide symmetry. Silicone nipples and silicone nipple covers and small pad enhancers are also available.ENVY BODY SHOP SILICONE BREAST ENHANCER CONCAVE BACK WITH ADHESIVE PAD
Helpful Tips for Silicone Breast Forms
- Avoid punctures in the polyurethane-film-covered forms. Silicone breast forms can be damaged by sharp objects such as jewelry, pins, needles, or even sharp fingernails
- Avoid repeated pinching or folding of the forms (especially when inserting into pocket bras). This may cause permanent misshaping over time. It is important to stretch the elastic of the pocket in the bra rather than folding the form
- Avoid using your thumb when pulling a form out of the pocket of a bra. Slide your whole hand into the pocket when removing the form
- All silicone forms are safe in water, but avoid hot tubs and spas as they may be affected by the heat
- The warranty covers manufacturers defects only, not customer abuse